Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default LA boycotts Arizona

"Eregon" wrote in message
"Ed Huntress" wrote in
:

"Eregon" wrote in message
"Ed Huntress" wrote in
news:4bf5d851$0$31278 :

(BTW, I don't carry "papers," either)

Actually, Ed, you do if you still drive a vehicle (Driver's License)
or carry some form of photo ID for check-writing purposes. G

But some states issue driver's licenses to anyone. (Not my state, but
a couple do.)

Any government-issued ID qualifies as "papers" these days.

We'll see what Arizona accepts.

According to the early news reports, a valid Driver's License or
government-issued photo ID.

Well, as you've probably seen by now, the driver's licenses from some states
mean nothing, in relation to one's immigration status.

In the absence of either, a document that attested to legal residency
("Green Card", passport card/booklet, etc.)

I don't have a green card. My passport has expired. Sorry, I don't carry
anything that certifies I'm an American. Does that mean they can throw me in
jail in Arizona?

Once "Big Brother" has you in his files, Law Enforcement has an easy way
to verify your status.

Would they really try? Or would they arrest me on suspicion, because I don't
have anything on me that proves my status?

--
Ed Huntress