Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected][_2_] norminn@earthlink.net[_2_] is offline

Default new bathroom, 2 years old, grout is coming out, why? macpei..sandedand unsanded

KOS wrote:
hi, i had a bathroom done 2 years ago, new floor with new tiles... I
had to get the tileman over to repair some grout that was coming
out... only 2 years later???!! why does this happen? I have older
bathrooms where the floor was done 20 years ago and grout is not
coming out.

If the problem was insufficient support below the tile, I would expect
the grout to crack here and there unless the floor moves like a
trampoline. I suspect it wasn't properly mixed - too much or too little
water. It may not have been properly packed into the joint betw. tile.
Was there adhesive up between the tile? Grout crumbling and coming out?
A better description, or photos, might help. What repairs did the
tileman make? Remove all and regrout? Do you have a contract that
specified materials used?

http://www.extremehowto.com/xh/artic...ticle_id=60288