Posted to sci.electronics.repair
whit3rd whit3rd is offline

Default AC current sensor with interface

On May 20, 2:33*am, Geir Holmavatn wrote:
Hi,

I'm looking for non-contact current sensors for 0-60/70A AC connected to
some digital interface (1-wire, GPIB, RS422, ethernet etc). *

I need to monitor and register AC current with a computer from different
appliances...

There's three obvious branches: you can go the full industrial-
automation
route (with DIN racks, enclosures, modules) - about $100-300 per
module,
and they'll talk RS-485 or Ethernet, or.... www.bb-elec.com has a
catalog
of this kind of thing, but I haven't used them.

You can go the flexible-but-crufty route, and use any old ammeters,
with a video camera aimed at them. The computer just captures
some images, at the end of the day you can review it all.

The slickest solution, though, is to park a data logger (small
battery-powered
recording meter) at the appliance, and occasionally download its
contents by walking over and plugging it into your laptop.