Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Dave__67 Dave__67 is offline

Default what the heck is this metal object part of?? (actual on-topicpost)

On May 19, 11:19*pm, "Bill Noble" wrote:
please go to my web site (www.wbnoble.com) and click on mysteries and look
at the first item pictured - it almost looks like a mortise accessory for a
drill press, but not quite - someone must recognize it, and if we can figure
out what it is, someone must need it.... and then I can get it to where it
is needed.

if you don't want to go to my site, here is a direct link to one of the
photos:http://www.wbnoble.com/mysteries/PICTv0007.JPG
the dimensions and another photo are on my site

now - who knows what it is?

thanks

--
Bill *-www.wbnoble.com

I'd guess the height thingie may be a setting gauge rather than a
'reading' gauge.

Or, maybe it aligns 3 things that poke through the holes in the top
and then the 3 things are tightened down.

On the glass diode- (based on nothing) I'll guess it's for a B52
aircraft.

"The B-52H made its first flight March 6, 1961, and is still in
service."

And I'll bet some of those had tube components into the late 80's...
Major avionics upgrade discussion (late 1999):
http://www.fas.org/nuke/guide/usa/bo...119_992119.htm

The rear remote-controlled machine gun was removed in in the 91-94
timeframe...

Full list of upgrades:
http://www.globalsecurity.org/wmd/sy...52-upgrade.htm

Dave