Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM[_3_] RBM[_3_] is offline

Default Where to run the wire....

"Bob F" wrote in message
Jon Danniken wrote:
Bob F wrote:

If you have the working space, a long flex drill could get you
through the firestop, or a shorter one might be angledfrom the box
hole to the outside of the wall and back to the inside wall at the
bottom so as to angle through the bottom footer.

Interesting, I hadn't thought of going through to the outside. Thanks.

To avoid confusion, I wasn't saying to go through the outside, but to flex
the shaft of the drill from the box hole, out against the outside and back
to the inside in an arc so that it angles back towards the inside where it
drills through the bottom plate right against the insode wall. You would
need a helper tool of some sort to get the flex right probably.

That can be a very tricky task in a wall filled with fiberglass insulation