Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default AC current sensor with interface

[please don't top-post]

On 5/20/2010 9:33 AM Bennett Price spake thus:

On 5/20/2010 2:33 AM, Geir Holmavatn wrote:

I'm looking for non-contact current sensors for 0-60/70A AC connected to
some digital interface (1-wire, GPIB, RS422, ethernet etc). The measured
cable should run through a hole in the sensor and not be galvanically
connected.

I need to monitor and register AC current with a computer from different
appliances...

Thanks for comments and tips on where I can find such sensors..

Look at:
http://www.davis.com/catalog/product...u=6847977&pfx=

Hmmm; only $255 ...

and
http://www.coleparmer.com/catalog/pr...u=1880820&pfx=
(add your own donut current xformer)

Not a sensor, but whatever ...

How 'bout an inexpensive current xformer, which seems to be what the OP
wants?