Posted to alt.home.repair
DD_BobK DD_BobK is offline

Default For Any Users Of Sikadur AnchorFix-2 (Sika Anchor Fix) ForAnchoring Screws In Concrete

On May 18, 3:38*pm, Bob wrote:
Hello,

Regarding the product "Sika Anchor Fix" also known as Sikadur
AnchorFix-2 used e.g. for anchoring and bonding metal screws in concrete:

Question: *must the hole in the concrete that the metal stud is going
into to be anchored be "absolutely" dry, or is it that a little moisture
or dampness won't effect the bond strength by any meaningful amount ?

Couldn't find anything on their data sheet regarding this.

Thanks,
Bob
--------------------
Description Sikadur AnchorFix-1 is a two-component, solvent- and
styrene-free, modified-acrylic anchoring adhesive.

Where to Use As a fast-curing anchoring adhesive for all grades of
rebars, threaded rods, bolts and special fastening systems. Install in
concrete and masonry base materials.

SiKA makes a number for AnchorFix-1,2,3 & 4

I only have experience with -1 & -3.... I know that they are dampness
tolerant.

I have used them in damp holes (standing water removed with shop vac)

http://www.sikaconstruction.com/con/...-anchoring.htm

check out the instructions.. third page has the answers

cheers
Bob