Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default How much power does a 120v 15A lighted switch use anyway?

Ohioguy wrote:

I noticed something funny about the neon light on my Dad's basement
light switch. When I put my finger anywhere even NEAR the tip of the
switch, the neon light appears to *JUMP* away from the end back
towards the base of the switch. I assume there is something of a
charge on my hand, and that is causing the neon gas 'plasma' or
whatever you call it to move away?

Most likely it isnt connected properly and thats not a problem
because the very low current gets thru the small capacitace fine.

I never really investigated this, but found it very interesting.