Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living
Ohioguy Ohioguy is offline

Default How much power does a 120v 15A lighted switch use anyway?

I noticed something funny about the neon light on my Dad's basement
light switch. When I put my finger anywhere even NEAR the tip of the
switch, the neon light appears to *JUMP* away from the end back towards
the base of the switch. I assume there is something of a charge on my
hand, and that is causing the neon gas 'plasma' or whatever you call it
to move away? I never really investigated this, but found it very
interesting.