Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Import BXA toolpost experience

Wes -

Remember the A to BXA is height and sqare size. Minimum center might be
an issue.

Martin - owner of an Aloris AXA set.

Martin H. Eastburn
"Our Republic and the Press will Rise or Fall Together": Joseph Pulitzer
TSRA: Endowed; NRA LOH & Patron Member, Golden Eagle, Patriot's Medal.
NRA Second Amendment Task Force Charter Charter Founder
IHMSA and NRA Metallic Silhouette maker & member. http://lufkinced.com/

On 5/18/2010 5:46 PM, Wes wrote:
"Bill wrote:

the imports are "OK" but you can usually get used Aloris for the price of
the import - I find that the real thing is much more consistent and
stronger - I replaced my import with a real Aloris, and I generally avoid
the import holders too unless I find a pile really really cheap -

Do you run into used BXA Aloris posts often?

My Clausing 6903 sports a Genuine Aloris AXA post but that is a bit small given the 3 HP
and working varidrive.

I'd love to have a decent used BXA Aloris w/o paying near oem prices. I'm holding off on
expanding my tool holder collection based on knowing I'm using a too small post.

Wes