Posted to uk.d-i-y
spamlet spamlet is offline

Default Insulating Cold Water Tank (Poly Tank PT2000 24x18x19)

"Richard" wrote in message
The plastic tank (put in by someone ages ago) will now be removed and sit
in the loft, on a wooden board 40mm thick. I don't think it needs to sit
on special insulation.

There is about a six foot length of plastic padding stuff that is the
insulation. Also a two foot long piece as well.

I think it's up to insulation requirements, if the six foot length wraps
round the side of the tank and the two foot piece sits on top.

http://www.polytank.co.uk/assets/pdf...nk_fitting.pdf

Of course I must also insulate all the pipework.

Please, anyone, let me know if I'm not insulating correctly, but according
to the link, I think I've got all the the insulation that originally came
with the tank.

An old trick used to be not to put insulation under the tank, so the heat
from below would reduce the likelihood of a freeze up. I expect modern loft
insulation techniques would not allow this...