Posted to alt.home.repair
keith keith is offline

Default Kitchen range-switching from gas to electric 240v ? O.P.

On May 18, 5:15*pm, "cshenk" wrote:
"keith" wrote

"cshenk" wrote:
I actually turned down a house on sight when we were buying over it's
kitchen.

(omitted other issues with kitchen)

The countertop was granite (hate that stuff).

Why do you hate granite? *SWMBO loves the granite tops all though the
house. *She particularly loves the granite topped island. *I do too..
It makes great cookies. *;-)

Don't like it. *I dont like the looks, the care, and the shatter of a glass
item if you hit it just wrong. *They have other issues but those are mine.
To me, a granite countertop is a detraction of house value.

There are so many types of granite this seems weird. Glass is going
to shatter if dropped on any solid surface. Different strokes, I
suppose. SWMBO wouldn't have anything else (well, maybe quartz).

hehehe case of SWMBO.

Yep. *One of he houses I liked (*huge* unfinished basement) was vetoed
because of the kitchen. *It had a stove and a sink; looked fine to
me. ;-)

Hehehe. *Hope you got a basement in the one you picked!

Nope. There was only one house with a basement that met our other
criteria ("new" and within the price range). In truth, it had some
other "issues", like a 20' retaining wall down to a creek and some
pretty nasty mowing down to it.