Posted to alt.home.repair
h[_11_] h[_11_] is offline

Default Preferred size for a walk-in closet?

"Pat" wrote in message
ny...

"h" wrote in message

I like a width of 7 feet. Allows clothes to be hung on each side with a 3
foot walkway. If I went wider I would jump to 12 feet with two aisles and
hangers down the center as well. 14 foot would allow for two wide down
the center. My current closet is 7X12. Plenty large in my single days.
Starting to feel a little cramped with a woman using it too. I call them
dressing rooms and include chairs, mirrors and built in cupboards. With
everything in the closest the bedroom can be a modest size.

LOL. As the female half of the couple who will be using the closet, I can
tell you that DH has more clothes, is much more appearance-obsessed, and
takes up a lot more space! I just want a rack on each side with shelves
above and about 3' of floor-to-ceiling shelving on the far wall between the
two racks. Sounds like my "too-small-closet" will work just fine.

Thanks for the comments!