Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Glenn Lyford Glenn Lyford is offline

Default Another tractor

On May 19, 6:39*am, "Karl Townsend"
wrote:
Another tractor followed me home last night. Its an International Loader
backhoe. Now, Julie wants me to sell one. How is that done? I've never let
one go. But she insists six is too many.

I've never sold a gun either. Maybe someone can give advice here, cause
she's going to think I have too many guns next. they are starting to
multiply.

To paraphrase my my somewhat dodgy memory the words of Roger Welsch of
"Busted Tractors and Rusty Knuckles" fame, some of the rules for
living with a large tractor collection a
- Never line them all up. Keep them scattered so you can't see them
all from any single location.
- Do not name them with a nice organized number. "Allis number 17"
causes a lot more consternation than "Sweet Allis" or "that tractor
from the Johansen place."

Perhaps if you keep a needed implement on each one? "I can't get rid
of that one, you know how much time I spent trying to get the sprayer
ballanced, and that one is all set up for mowing, you know how messy
the orchards look if I let that go--let's face it, I need them
all..." Harder to make the case if they're all tucked neatly away in
the tractor shed, despite the warm fuzzy feeling you get from having
equipment under cover.
--Glenn Lyford