Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default What happened to mini-trucks?

"RogerN" on Sat, 15 May 2010 17:23:48 -0500 typed
Do you think it would be difficult to get better than 20mpg from a Ford
Ranger (or other small truck) with descent performance? Would it be best to
use something like a brushless servo motor or an AC motor with a VFD and
enough batteries in series to get the desired DC bus voltage? I'm not sure
why a Ford Mustang claims 31mpg with a 6 cyl but a Ranger gets ~20mpg
either.

It could be engine displacement, it could be power to mass ratios.

I get 29 mpg with a Mazdaranger - but it is also 4 cylinder and
Electronic Fuel injection.

--
pyotr filipivich
It's eight fifty eight. Close enough!