Posted to uk.d-i-y
Weatherlawyer Weatherlawyer is offline

Default Another brick in the wall

On 13 May, 22:18, "Clot" wrote:
Appelation Controlee wrote:

There's a brick adrift in one of our outside walls,
The offending item can be seen he *http://bit.ly/bw3Guv

I'm puzzled as to why that brick is loose

Clot, you can see that the three bricks have been jabbed at.

They used soft mortar on those hard bricks. Lime and sand usually. And
since there is so little of it, the brick just gave in and the project
was suspended by the look of things.

There would be just enough mortar left to make retrieval difficult for
someone so stupid as to hit it with a chisel hoping to put a wire or a
pipe in there.

AC, if all the above suggestions fail, put an old saw in there to chop
up any mortar that is frustrating things. It should then slide out on
the blade.

Since it is a sheltered spot, why not just leave it alone?