Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How long does skunk stink last?

I've read that the recent formula is to put a couple drops of dish
soap into hydrogen peroxide. Pour that on, while sprinkling on baking
soda. The combination releases the oxygen from the peroxide.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"tmclone" wrote in message

20 years ago one of my formerly-feral cats came home in the morning
from her nightly patrol with a dead skunk. It was bigger than she was,
so I don't know if it sprayed her because she attacked it, or if she
attacked it because it sprayed her. She was COVERED in skunk stink and
clearly miserable. She sat patiently on the deck while I went out to
buy tomato juice, then CLIMBED into the dishpan, all by herself, and
just sat there calmly while I soaked her in the stuff. After 4 baths
in 8 hours she smelled ok. Three years later, after she fell into the
neighbor's manure barrel, she nearly shredded my arms when I tried to
bathe her. I guess cats can tolerate llama poop but not skunk stink!