Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy[_2_] Robatoy[_2_] is offline

Default Starts OT but I gotta brag.

On May 18, 12:09*pm, "Leon" wrote:
One year ago my son graduated with a baccalaureate degree from the Bauer's
Honors College. *At the same time he graduated with his bachelors degree for
the U of H, Suma Cum Laude.

This *past week he graduated with his masters degree, with the Dean's
Excellence Award from the U of H. *Two weeks ago he was attending an
appreciation banquet for businesses that contributed to and hired graduates,
hosted by Bauer's College. *At the banquet, Bauer's College presented Bryan
with and in front of his soon to be new employer, KPMG, the Department of
Accountancy and Taxation Academic Excellence Award. *Not bad for a 22 year
old that has held down a job the whole time that he was in college. *January
of last year he interned for and was hired to go to work for KPMG this
coming fall. *His mother and I footed all of his education expenses and car
insurance and bought him a new car in his senior year in HS. *He still has
the car, no dents. *For the first time since he started college he is taking
the summer off from work to study for his CPA exams.

Sunday his mother and I hosted a small get together of our closest friends
and family members at out house to celebrate his graduation. *Later that
evening after every one had gone my wife and I were watching TV. *Bryan
walked in, interrupted,
*and announced that he was finally finished with school and fell silent for
a few moments, looked up and said Thank You. *He continued to thank us for
every thing that we have done for him and the support that we have given
him. *He continued to say that he has talked to countless class mates that
will be paying off student loans for years to come. *He was grateful that he
could start his career with a clean slate. *He realized that we made
sacrifices for him.

Kim and I boo hoo'd a little bit. *As busy as he had been with his jobs and
school, He had noticed and wanted us to know. *;~)

Twenty nine years ago Kim and I bought our first home, a starter. *We had
planed to only be in it for 5~6 years. *We still live in this home but we
hope to make a change and move this coming fall or winter. *Bryan plans on
staying and plans to make out first home his first home with a 50% down
payment. *Bryan is going to be an "empty nester". *Kim and I have found a
new neighborhood and house plan not to too far away that has rooms large
enough for a single room sewing studio, one of her sewing machines is 11'
long and she works from both sides.

On topic now,

* * More importantly the house has a 3 car shop!

Sorry to be bragging here but Kim and I are busting at the seams with joy..

It is a wonderful feeling when the kids do well. Now find a rooftop
and start shouting!!!