Posted to uk.d-i-y
alexander.keys1[_2_] alexander.keys1[_2_] is offline

Default Surface mount sockets

On 18 May, 12:18, Jim wrote:
We have a brick wall in our house which we want to leave unplastered as
a feature. It needs to have a lightswitch and a double socket on it.

Since chasing the wall would look ugly, I'm trying to find something
which is surface mounted and that will look vaguely industrial/old
fashioned rather than tacky and white plastic.

Is anyone aware of a manufacturer that has anything like this? The only
surface mount stuff I can find at the moment is grey.

The Lewden 'Weathertight' range are what you want, a classic chunky
design with no crappy little plastic switches, they have threaded
entries for steel conduit, MICC, PVC/SWA etc.

www.lewden.com