Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default Lawn mower problem

On May 17, 8:59*pm, wrote:
On Mon, 17 May 2010 20:22:24 -0500, Dean Hoffman

wrote:
bob callaway wrote:
My lawn mower runs for a while, but when it is shut it down I cannot
restart it. In addition the gas leaks out of the tank. For starters what
could be the problem? Should I take it to get it repaired or is this
something I can fix myself

* * Where is the leak exactly?

The float valve in the carb is not sealing.
If you are real handy you can fix it sourself, otherwise take it to a
shop or find a friend who knows what he's doing with an engine.

If it was the float sticking wouldnt it just flood the motor, the tank
leak seams to be a seperate issue.