Posted to rec.woodworking
Nonny Nonny is offline

Default Starts OT but I gotta brag.

Leon wrote:

One year ago my son graduated with a baccalaureate degree from
the Bauer's
Honors College. At the same time he graduated with his
bachelors degree
for the U of H, Suma Cum Laude.

This past week he graduated with his masters degree, with the
Dean's
Excellence Award from the U of H. Two weeks ago he was
attending an
appreciation banquet for businesses that contributed to and
hired
graduates,
hosted by Bauer's College. At the banquet, Bauer's College
presented
Bryan with and in front of his soon to be new employer, KPMG,
the
Department of
Accountancy and Taxation Academic Excellence Award. Not bad
for a 22 year
old that has held down a job the whole time that he was in
college.
January of last year he interned for and was hired to go to
work for KPMG
this
coming fall. His mother and I footed all of his education
expenses and
car
insurance and bought him a new car in his senior year in HS.
He still has
the car, no dents. For the first time since he started college
he is
taking the summer off from work to study for his CPA exams.

Sunday his mother and I hosted a small get together of our
closest friends
and family members at out house to celebrate his graduation.
Later that
evening after every one had gone my wife and I were watching
TV. Bryan
walked in, interrupted,
and announced that he was finally finished with school and
fell silent
for
a few moments, looked up and said Thank You. He continued to
thank us for
every thing that we have done for him and the support that we
have given
him. He continued to say that he has talked to countless class
mates that
will be paying off student loans for years to come. He was
grateful that
he
could start his career with a clean slate. He realized that we
made
sacrifices for him.

Kim and I boo hoo'd a little bit. As busy as he had been with
his jobs
and
school, He had noticed and wanted us to know. ;~)

Twenty nine years ago Kim and I bought our first home, a
starter. We had
planed to only be in it for 5~6 years. We still live in this
home but we
hope to make a change and move this coming fall or winter.
Bryan plans on
staying and plans to make out first home his first home with a
50% down
payment. Bryan is going to be an "empty nester". Kim and I
have found a
new neighborhood and house plan not to too far away that has
rooms large
enough for a single room sewing studio, one of her sewing
machines is 11'
long and she works from both sides.

On topic now,

More importantly the house has a 3 car shop!

Sorry to be bragging here but Kim and I are busting at the
seams with joy.

That's a fine son you raised and you deserve to be proud of your
sacrifice and his accomplishments. You deserve a home with a 3
car shop for what you accomplished.

--
Nonny
On most days,