Posted to uk.d-i-y
spamlet spamlet is offline

Default Hand mitre saws - any recommendations?

wrote in message
On 17 May, 21:34, GMM wrote:
A few years ago I bought a cheapo (B+Q) mitre saw to do a specific
job. In the event, it's turned out to be pretty useful, but suffered
from a couple of problems, not the least of which is that it was
plastic and the guides aren't quite straight and square. Anyway, it
broke at the weekend so it's time to replace it with a decent one.
Does anyone have any recommendations good or bad?

Cheers

Axminster have a good range:

http://www.axminster.co.uk/category-...mes-207054.htm

I gave my own away a couple of years ago, as I had no further use for
one.

Can I ask where you find a hand mitre superior to a powered one?

I can think of possibly cutting large diameter pipe, or box sections
in something non-rigid (e.g. plastic ducting) - but I'd hand saw on
the very rare occasions that comes up - or work out a way to bandsaw
it safely.

I find mine very handy, even though it is a cheap one and not quite square.
Also you get a ruddy great 'hacksaw' along with it, which has numerous uses
even just as the blade.