Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Surface mount sockets

In article ,
Jim wrote:
What looks best for that IMHO is a good quality metal surface mount
fitting wired in surface MICC cable with the PVC protective sleeve
removed, if you can't find it bare to start with. MICC looks like a
small copper pipe but can be bent by hand. The fitting to the box
rather like a brass compression fitting. As regards the fittings, look
at all the large maker's sites to find out which looks best to you.
I've seen them in brushed stainless and brass as well as painted grey.

Thanks for that suggestion - I hadn't thought of MICC.

I've had a look at various websites, though, and I can't for the life of
me find anyone who makes the brushed stainless or brass surface mount
boxes. I'm sure I've seen them somewhere!

I've been in touch with a mate of mine who runs St John's Hill Lighting
near Clapham Junction. He's a real fount of all knowledge on things like
this having been in the trade all his life. And reckons no one makes other
than painted metal clad anymore. So it would be down to using a standard
flush fitting brass or whatever with the matching metal box for surface
mounting - he reckons the MK ones look ok. I've never seen one in the
flesh.

--
*I wish the buck stopped here. I could use a few.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.