Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Buerste Buerste is offline

Default USB camera for powder check

"Karl Townsend" wrote in message
anews.com...
Tom, I thought I'd hold back a while then present my simple solution. I
just weigh every completed cartridge on accept inspection. Set your scale
to 0 on an average bullet and go. A gross mischarge is quick to spot. I
do every bullet for wieght and primer seating. check about every fifth
with a case guage. Maybe I'm an anal engineer, but zero defects make it
seem worth while.

Karl

My bullet weight varies more than the 2.7 grain charge and my cases are
mixed headstamps and they vary. My powder charge is about the volume of a
pea. I'm on the right side of the press and the powder dump is on the far
left. I CAN observe the case after the powder dump but I have to move
awkwardly to do so. Thus the camera to take a peek in the case and put the
image on a screen that's behind the press on the right. Too bad, I have a
few comparator scales at work with settable +/- tolerance for weighing wire.
I don't want to give up my "Factory Crimp Die". I still want that 8-station
press!