Posted to uk.d-i-y
NT[_2_] NT[_2_] is offline

Default Hand mitre saws - any recommendations?

On May 17, 9:34*pm, GMM wrote:
A few years ago I bought a cheapo (B+Q) mitre saw to do a specific
job. *In the event, it's turned out to be pretty useful, but suffered
from a couple of problems, not the least of which is that it was
plastic and the guides aren't quite straight and square. *Anyway, it
broke at the weekend so it's time to replace it with a decent one.
Does anyone have any recommendations good or bad?

Cheers

Those are one product that strikes me as obsolescent. I'd normally go
for an electric one, but if a hand one's really needed, why not make
one. They're very simple. Then you can have whatever set of features
you want all for peanuts.

NT