Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] dom@gglz.com is offline

Default Hand mitre saws - any recommendations?

On 17 May, 21:34, GMM wrote:
A few years ago I bought a cheapo (B+Q) mitre saw to do a specific
job. *In the event, it's turned out to be pretty useful, but suffered
from a couple of problems, not the least of which is that it was
plastic and the guides aren't quite straight and square. *Anyway, it
broke at the weekend so it's time to replace it with a decent one.
Does anyone have any recommendations good or bad?

Cheers

Axminster have a good range:

http://www.axminster.co.uk/category-...mes-207054.htm

I gave my own away a couple of years ago, as I had no further use for
one.

Can I ask where you find a hand mitre superior to a powered one?

I can think of possibly cutting large diameter pipe, or box sections
in something non-rigid (e.g. plastic ducting) - but I'd hand saw on
the very rare occasions that comes up - or work out a way to bandsaw
it safely.