Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default Kitchen range-switching from gas to electric 240v ?

Pete C. wrote:
This fear is just unrealistic.

It is very realistic, just search the news reports of all the
residential gas explosions. If you have gas service at home you should
at the very least have a gas detector in your home. Ideally the gas
detector should be linked to a shutoff valve so it can stop a leak
even if you are not home. RV gas detectors are available with shutoff
valves now.

It would be a waste of my time. I'm just not interested.

You do know that you smell natural gas way before it reaches dangerous levels?