Posted to alt.home.repair

Default well stocked small toolbox

I can't comment on Sears tools, havn't bought there in years. Harbor
Freight has some tool assortments that are reasonable. Their Vise Grip
knock offs aren't all that great. The jaws are flat, and don't grab
very well.

In my service van, I have a "jump kit" which does most of the calls I
need to do. Used it today, actually, and it had the tools I needed.
Just off the top of my head.....

Assorted small screws
VOM from HF
10 in 1 screw driver that does torx, phillips, slotted, and two sizes
of hex head, and two square tips that really come in handy
WD-40
allen wrench assortment in plastic holder
flat file
two crescent wrench which have been used for hammering
small Vise Grips (the real brand name ones)
9 volt batteries for alarmed exit devices

I'm sure there are other tools. These are crammed into a fishing
tackle box from Walmart, with a fold out tray.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"zxcvbob"
wrote in message ...

Since I posted earlier I've been looking online at a Craftsman
150-something piece tool kit that looks pretty good, in a plastic
organizer tool box for about $100. Then an $8 "compact truck box"
(17" long shallow plastic toolbox) for the ChannelLocks, screwdrivers,
level, needlenose pliers, outlet tester, and other stuff the tool kit
is missing.

I need to take a trip to Sears after work and see if their sockets and
screwdrivers are still high quality like the ones I bought 20 and 30
years ago.

Bob