Posted to alt.home.repair
Jay Hanig[_3_] Jay Hanig[_3_] is offline

Default well stocked small toolbox

On 5/17/2010 5:02 PM, HeyBub wrote:
zxcvbob wrote:

Her birthday is coming up pretty quick, and I tho't I could get her a
small tool box with some basic good-quality tools. Sears used to sell
a short toolbox made of tough plastic and designed to fit under the
seat of your truck. What to stock it with?

Walmart has a set of household tools in an attractive pink tote-bag for the
ladies. Here are some things you didn't mention:

I had a similar situation with my girlfriend but approached it
differently: I bought tools that *I* would use rather than girlie tools.

My thought were that I end up doing most of the maintenance around
there. Rather than having to bring my tools over all the time, it was
much handier to give her a set of tools. I don't care if she never uses
them... at least I know I will have what I need to fix things as they
require work.

Although I'm not a huge fan of Harbor Freight for a lot of things, they
sell hand tools that are quite workable and also quite inexpensive.
Screwdriver sets, pliers sets, socket sets, allen wrenches... all way
cheaper than at Lowes or Sears.

And the plastic tool box itself: you can pick one up for very cheap at
Lowes or Home Depot. Stanley makes all kinds.

Jay