Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bob La Londe Bob La Londe is offline

Default Good _2D_ Cad

"Tim Wescott" wrote in message

** Except splines suck -- one of their sales points for the commercial
product, when translated from Sales to Pithy, reads "and splines don't
suck".

CAM BAM which has an older free beta version available (The new version is
time limited) can either explode splines or convert them to poly lines
easily. Just select and then convert. I do a lot of simple stuff in Corel
Draw and export to DXF, then use CAM BAM to convert the polylines. Then I
use Desk CNC to do my actual cam operations. Eventually I may take the
time to play with Cam Bam and use it as my CAM processor, but right now I
just use it to change the splines to polylines.

Note: I do have to "convert to curves" in Corel Draw before exporting a lot
of entities. Text, rotated ovals, etc.

If you are interested let me know and I'll find the Beta with no time limit
and give you a link.