Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default OT - new political idea

wrote in message
On May 17, 9:16 am, "Ed Huntress" wrote:

But, on principle, I favor choice, and I do have a problem with the fact
that public schools have a lock on the major part of school funding. I
just
don't believe that having more choices is going to do what many people
seem
to think it will do.

--
Ed Huntress

I agree that vouchers are not a solution. They may make a difference
in a small percentage of the students. But I too favor giving people
a choice.

I cringe at the thought that kids in places like Washington DC have
crummy schools and no options.

Dan

Yeah, that bothers me a lot, too. DC is an interesting case, because their
school chancellor, Michelle Rhee, is as good as they get. She's really
shaken up the schools there. If she can't get results, then their system is
unfixable.

--
Ed Huntress