Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Denis G. Denis G. is offline

Default actually on topic - an interesting C clamp - anyone else seenone?

On May 16, 11:06*pm, "Bill Noble" wrote:
wouldn't you know it - as soon as I whine about the site being down, it's
up - so the photo of the odd c-clamp is posted (see below) - the file name
is: "Quikcet - Grand DualGrip C-clamp.JPG" - it should be in the drop box
about the time this note makes it to the NG

"Bill Noble" wrote in message

I picked up an interesting C clamp today, on one side of the main casting
it says GRAND DualGrip *REG US PAT OFF, on the other side it says 40A and
40 (presumably casting numbers), and QUIKCET Pat Pend. *max opening is 4
inches. The copper colored parts were probably nickle plated, I polished
them and there is a little silver still visible.

to operate, squeeze, slide the clamp bar down, release (spring force
pushes it together) and tighten the screw. *to release, loosen screw and
rotate clamp bar 90 deg to disengage ratchet.

I tried to post to the dropbox but it seems that the metalworking.com site
is inoperative right now - and I always go there first to get the address
du jour.

so meanwhile - anyone recognize it from the above description? *I can't
find anything on line about it, the company, or anything - the heavy
copper plating with nickel suggests to me that it's probably pre WWII, but
that's all I've got to go on

if you would like a photo, get my email from my web site (below) and send
me a request and I'll send you the photo I was intending to put into the
drop box

--
Bill *-
www.wbnoble.com- Hide quoted text -

I found two similar US patents: US3147003 and US078781, but not
exactly like the one you have.
http://www.google.com/patents?id=LfZ...page&q&f=false
http://www.google.com/patents?id=9JU...page&q&f=false