Posted to alt.home.repair

Default I am tired of trying to fix my lawn it's time to resodding it

On May 17, 7:15*am, wrote:
* * * * I would suggest that no matter what you do today, but the end
of the summer, you will be back to where you are now if you don't
correct the underlying problem.

* * * * I can't tell from here what that problem or problems may be,
but I suspect that you need to start with a sustainable plan, a plan
that fits your soil and weather conditions and your willingness and
ability to maintain it.

I agree. A healthy lawn on decent soil that is properly fetilized,
watered, etc will grow dense and crowd out the weeds so that you just
have some each year that you can spot treat once or twice a year with
a tank sprayer. On the other hand, if you have gravel instead of
topsoil, PH way out of whack, etc, you'll have difficulty growing
grass. You can spend some $$ upfront to fix that, or spen a lot more
over a decade and still have a problem lawn.

If there is any agricultural extension service or similar that is
available, they usually offer free advice, you can take them soil
samples to test, turf sections to look at, etc. Try looking in county
pages of the phone book.