Posted to alt.home.repair
harry harry is offline

Default I am tired of trying to fix my lawn it's time to resodding it

On May 17, 6:55�am, "Bob F" wrote:
bob callaway wrote:
I live in Houston, Texas and my yard is composed of maybe 50% St.
Augustine grass, and 50% weeds that have over the last ten years. I
have resolved that I may have to start over and buy sod for my front
lawn. I need to know what is this going to cost? or maybe I should
just continue to pick weeds

How often do you feed the lawn?

It depends on rainfall and your soil type. Sandy soils need more
often. Maybe once or twice a year. Do it in wet weather or water it
in. Prevents scorch marks appearing on the grass with the raw
fertilzer. In dry weather don't mow it as close. This keeps a little
more humidity on the ground.
I'm not familiar with your climate, weeds or grass types to much, I
'm from the UK.
The best grass type depends, of course, on your climate and how much
foot traffic you get on your lawn. Some coarse grasses grow much
faster than others and are better when you have kids etc running about.