Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wild_Bill Wild_Bill is offline

Default USB camera for powder check

Many industries are utilizing machine vision. A check point may have 6 or
more small cameras to image a part or measure of volume in a container.

I believe the actual go/no go (pass-fail) is done by the software.

I don't fully understand the capability of using a certain amount of pixels
in a CMOS imaging device, but someone here has implemented an imaging device
for a measuring or comparator device.. I forget who it was.

There are a lot of surplus RFE removed from equipment industrial machine
vision components for sale, many on eBay.
One problem with the surplus odds 'n ends is getting good cables that fit
the uncommon connectors on industrial video components. Not BNC, but various
miniature Hirose, JAE, LEMO and other high quality connectors on high
quality Japanese cables.

I dunno what Tom's particular situation would require, but if it's a matter
of the amount of travel a part makes, opto interrupters could probably
handle that.

--
WB

"Jim Wilkins" wrote in message
On May 17, 3:37 am, "Buerste" wrote:

Imagine if the camera took a still at the bottom of the stroke and
instantly
compared the image to a "standard" then sounded an alarm if the image was
too far from the standard and locked the press? Again, a powder-check die
would do just that but I would not be able to use my bullet feeder or my
separate crimp die.

How does the food packaging industry do this?

jsw