Posted to alt.home.repair
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default Concrete Expansion Bolts For Railing Fastening ?

Bob wrote:

Hello,

I have the typical waist high wrought iron railing on the steps going to
my front door.

It has been fastened to the concrete via a few blank holes.
It looks like the screws they used were just fastened to the holes via a
concrete mix.

After a large number of years they have pulled out.

I can clean up the holes in the concrete using, I guess, a concrete bit
in my drill.

I think that I would like to use some type of expansion bolt made for
concrete that is recommended for jobs like this.
Is this the best approach ?

There seem to be zillions of different types available.

Anyone care to recommend a good type (& brand/style)for this ?

And, I guess, even more important, what kind to stay away from ?

Any thoughts would be most appreciated.

Thanks,
Bob

Hilti is the best, many styles available for the particular task.