Posted to alt.home.repair
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default Kitchen range-switching from gas to electric 240v ?

Doug Miller wrote:

trimmed

Nope, I do the math. In the case of nat gas, what kills your theoretical
savings is the monthly service charges for the many warm weather months
months when you are using hardly any gas, particularly here in TX where
the heating season is short.

If you're incurring monthly service charges because there are months in which
you use hardly any gas, it's your own fault. Replace your electric dryer with
a gas dryer. Replace your electric water heater with a gas water heater.
You'll be using more gas, obviously, but a whole lot less electricity.

Nope, a gas water heater and dryer will still use very little gas here,
and the electric ones I have use very little electricity. The monthly
service charge for gas service would still eclipse the gas useage.
Electricity use is predominantly A/C and refrigerator during the warm
weather months, the water heater and clothes dryer hardly have any
effect.