Posted to alt.home.repair
benick[_2_] benick[_2_] is offline

Default Need help building knee wall

"John Grabowski" wrote in message

I want to add a knee wall to an existing opening between my Dining room &
Kitchen.
How can i cut the Corner Bead on the existing opening from the height of
my kneewall ( 42" ) to the
floor ? I won't be able to see where the screws holding the corner
bead are.

*Cut the bead with a hacksaw. It may not be attached with screws.
Sometimes nails are used and sometimes they are just hammered on with a
tool that crimps them. Don't worry about being neat. You are going to
have to tape the new joints anyway.

Agreed...Though if it were me I would remove the whole bead..Bead is only a
couple of bucks and easy to finish...If it was crimped or nailed sparingly
it will probably crack anyway once you start messing with it...HTH...