Posted to alt.home.repair
h[_11_] h[_11_] is offline

Default Kitchen range-switching from gas to electric 240v ?

I might believe you if you mean by area, but not if you mean by
population. I'm not aware of any densely-populated areas (at least in the
eastern half of US) that do not have NG available in the street. I'm in a
semi-rural area several miles from city limits, no water or sewer, but
every house has a gas meter. At least in this part of country, people
only have to use bottle gas if they live WAY out in the boonies, where
there were not enough houses per mile to make running the gas line
profitable.

--
aem sends...

We don't have NG here in upstate NY, about 20 minutes from Albany, 5 minutes
outside of town. I'm in the boonies, but certainly not WAY out. They sent
out a survey (supposedly 25,000 copies) about 10 years ago and they said
only 5 people (myself included) wanted NG. They didn't say how many bothered
to return the survey, however.