Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Horizontal Tearing on Sony Beta VCR

"Chris F."
This seems like a pretty straightforward problem, and maybe it is, but
it's one I haven't encountered before. Near the middle of the picture,
there's a narrow horizontal area that tears to one side. The rest of the
picture is rock solid.

** Had a look at the video signal on a scope ??

Bound to be an anomaly in the horizontal synch.

I've ruled out any issues with the tape transport, and have subbed the
head preamp and servo boards with no change. What else could it be?

** Checked and changed all the dud electros yet ?

This is a Sony SL-20 BTW.

** Real museum piece.....

.... Phil