Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Roger Shoaf Roger Shoaf is offline

Default cutting nylon

"Mouse" wrote in message
I need to cut a gentle curve through the long dimension of several
1/2"x1/2"x1" pieces of hard nylon stock (making soft jaws for bending
pliers). I tried using a bandsaw and the two pieces welded together
behind the blade. Is there a lubricant I can use that will keep the
stuff from melting while I cut it?

Compressed air might even work and be less messy than other options.

The "weld" is not very deep and can probably be split apart if you scrape
the edge a bit, or if you have an edge that did not share the same saw pass.

Another trick is to place a layer of masking tape between the layers where
you cut through the two pieces.

--

Roger Shoaf

they come up with this striped stuff.