Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default Need help repiring rust hole in Weber grill dome

Bruce K. wrote:
Discovered 1/2 inch hole in my Weber Grill dome.

I have a Benzomatic torch, but would like a simple way to repair hole
before I repaint.

Thanks for your help.

Bruce

Nobody else said it, so I will- how old is the grill? You said 'dome',
so I am assuming this is the classic charcoal model. According to the
website ( http://www.weber.com/help//warranties.aspx ), there is a 10
year warranty against rust/burn-through. Is there still a data plate on
yours? Before you start sanding, it may be worth taking some digital
pics of data plate and the hole, and asking them. Sometimes,
manufacturers even go beyond the warranty period as a goodwill gesture,
since so few people ever collect- they just chuck it and buy a new one.

--
aem sends...