Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ecnerwal[_3_] Ecnerwal[_3_] is offline

Default cutting nylon

In article ,
Mouse wrote:

I need to cut a gentle curve through the long dimension of several
1/2"x1/2"x1" pieces of hard nylon stock (making soft jaws for bending
pliers). I tried using a bandsaw and the two pieces welded together
behind the blade. Is there a lubricant I can use that will keep the
stuff from melting while I cut it?

DiHydrogenMonOxide should do fine. That's water if you don't get the
silly. Compressed air should also work, and be less messy (but loud).
Cutting (blade speed) slower might also do it.

Or, use a coping saw (which is basically an extreme case of slowing it
down, by changing to a handsaw).