Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Azotic Azotic is offline

Default OT-American flag offends teacher

"Wes" wrote in message
"azotic" wrote:

This one involves an art project. A Salinas middle school student said her
teacher stopped her from drawing the American flag, while another
student's
picture of President Obama was praised.

Tracy Hathaway said the art teacher at Gavilan View Middle School told her
daughter she couldn't draw the American flag because it was offensive.

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local...-93423139.html

I'm getting jaded but teacher in my mind now is synonymous with
indoctrinator. There are
agendas and education is a battleground. Thank God my teachers tended to
be libertarian
and conservative for the most part.

Wes
--

You got it right. We really dont have many true teachers left.
Most of todays teachers resemble the UAW members of the 1970's.

Illinois House kills school voucher bill
Fervent lobbying by unions sinks idea to give students $3,700 to switch to
private or parochial schools
May 05, 2010|By Ray Long and Michelle Manchir, Tribune Reporters
SPRINGFIELD - A measure to let students in Chicago's worst-performing and
most-overcrowded elementary schools use taxpayer-funded vouchers to attend
private schools was defeated in the Illinois House on Wednesday, giving
teachers unions a major victory.

The landmark legislation would have made Chicago Public Schools the site of
what experts said would be the nation's largest voucher program. Up to
30,000 of the district's 400,000 students could have left the weak schools
they now attend, setting up competition for public schools.

The legislation got through the Senate in March after being championed by
Sen. James Meeks, D-Chicago, and suburban Republicans. But by Wednesday,
teachers unions had regrouped and its supporters found themselves pleading
with opponents to overcome a furious lobbying effort to stop the bill.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2...r-city-schools

Best Regards

Tom.