Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Hawke[_3_] Hawke[_3_] is offline

Default OT - new political idea

On 5/15/2010 10:38 AM, RogerN wrote:
wrote in message
m...

"Jeff wrote in message

The facts are plain and simple, when a woman gets a position she desires,
to rule over men, she gets deceived by twisted half truths and makes bad
judgment calls. I wish the Bible was only referring to spiritual maters
or some such, but I can't deny what I see over and over. There are plenty
of things that women are better at then men but when put in a position to
rule, it is like putting the cart before the horse. This is demonstrated
almost daily, for example with Barbara Crabb's judgment and with Obama's
supreme court nominee. Sorry that it happens this way, I know it's not
politically correct, but men aren't mothers and women aren't fit for
rulers, even though her desire to be goes back to the first woman.

RogerN

Here's an example in Judge Barbara Crabb's recent decision that "The
national day of prayer" is unconstitutional.

Case: 3:08-cv-00588-bbc Document #: 132 Filed: 04/15/2010 Page 1 of 66

The role that prayer should play in public life has been a matter of intense
debate in

this country since its founding. When the Continental Congress met for its
inaugural

session in September 1774, delegate Thomas Cushing proposed to open the
session with a

prayer. Delegates John Jay and John Rutledge (two future Chief Justices of
the Supreme

Court) objected to the proposal on the ground that the Congress was “so
divided in religious

Sentiments . . . that We could not join in the same Act of Worship.”
Eventually, Samuel

Adams convinced the other delegates to allow the reading of a psalm the
following day.

She starts out her reasoning with the delegates objected because they were
divided in religious Sentiments. Notice they did not object based on
establishment or separation of church and state. It is true that there was
a controversy but it had nothing to do with claiming prayer was
inappropriate in government. If you care to read the rest of the judges
decision you can see that she goes from establishment to endorsement to
secular purpose to lemon test to acknowledgement. So it turns out a day of
prayer is declared unconstitutional by a woman judge in 2010 even though it
has never been declared unconstitutional from before the time George
Washington called for a day of prayer in 1795. Simply put, Barbara Crabb is
not capable of making consistently good judgments.

RogerN

But that is according to your opinion. And we all know what would happen
if you had your way. There would be no separation of church and state in
America. You would have the Christian religion established in our
schools, our courts, our businesses. You would have the church being a
part of the government and included in all governmental decisions. In
short, you would have turned us into a theocracy. Even the founding
fathers would have fought against you on that. So every one from the
founding fathers to modern legal experts would oppose your idea of
religion and government. All we can do is thank our lucky stars that
people with antiquated ideas like yours are widely opposed by the
majority of Americans. None of whom would want to see what you want. In
Iran they would think your ideas are very good.

Hawke