Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Hawke[_3_] Hawke[_3_] is offline

Default OT - new political idea

On 5/14/2010 3:54 AM, RogerN wrote:
"Jeff wrote in message
u...

wrote in message
m...

Like Jesus said, let the one who is without sin cast the first stone.

RogerN

"He" said no such thing. (...and BTW, it's "he that is without sin", not
"the one" in the irredeemably misogynist "New Testament.")
It was made up by one of the latter-day authors of the "New Testament"
because it seemed like a ripping good yarn, the telling of which would
suit the authors' ulterior motives.

John 7:53-8:11 was not written by "John" - as indeed most of the library
of fables was not written by their namesakes.
(But you know that, yes?)

But what the hey?
Whatever floats your boat.
Whatever gets you through the day.
Whatever fantasy keeps you happy and docile.

Darth Vader never said "..you don't know the power of the dark side...",
but its still a jolly good story.

Just don't try to attribute "truth" to that which is obviously fiction.
And don't tell my children that your fables and myths are the "truth".
It makes you look very silly and naive.

Don't you think?

No?

--
Jeff R.
(maybe you should)

No, actually the Bible was written in 2022 and was taken back in time and
planted by aliens. If you can make unsubstantiated claims so can I!

RogerN

We already know that. All your religious claims are completely
unsubstantiated. So to be fair you should allow the same from others.

Hawke