Posted to alt.home.repair
MICHELLE H. MICHELLE H. is offline

Default Purpose/History Of A Spiral Staircase??? INFO.!!!!

My friend and I went back and looked at the outside of the house again,
as she is undecided about it. We talked to a neigbor who lives next door
to the place, and got lots of info. from him.

He said that the house was a "foreclosure" that went up for auction in
"November of 2009". He said some "realty company" bought it/won it for
$47,000. They then listed it for a few months, and sold it for $68,000,
to some "rental property company". The "rental property company" then
"flipped the house" and completely renovated it, and now they are trying
to sell it for $135,000.

He says he doesn't know anything about the "spiral staircase", because
he has never been inside the house before. He said that "the people who
lived there BEFORE the foreclosure, NEVER took care of the place, and
let it go to hell". "They never mowed the lawn or nothing" he said.

He said the house was originally a 2 bedroom ( both 1ST floor bedrooms
), 1 bathroom house, with an UNFINISHED attic on the 2ND floor. He said
that when this "realty property rental company" flipped the house, they
added brand new carpeting to the 2nd floor, and added built-in closet
storage space on the 2nd floor, and converted the attic to a "finished
area" that can be used as a 3rd bedroom, office space, kids play area,
etc. etc.

So maybe the company that flipped it, added the spiral staircase, I
don't know??

There ARE 3 windows on the 2nd floor though.

There is 1 full-size window at the top of the regular wooden staircase,
which leads to the 2nd floor. The window faces the backyard from the 2nd
floor. The regular wooden staircase is located at the BACK of the house
on the other side of the kitchen.

And there are 2 full-size windows right next to each other at the FRONT
of the home, facing the street, up on the now finished 2nd floor.

So with a house that is only 936 sq. feet of living area, why would they
put a metal spiral staircase like 30 feet from the original back wooden
staircase!? And why put it right in the middle of a TINY living room!?