Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Yanik Jim Yanik is offline

Default Craigslist murderers

aemeijers wrote in
:

harry wrote:
(snip)

But the EVIDENCE has shown that using a gun gives you the best
chances for successful self-defense.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Commonsense tels you if you start a gunfight somemight get killed.

"starting a gunfight" is NOT "self-defense".
the law is pretty clear on self-defense in most states.
One has to have reasonable basis for using lethal force in self-defense.
Evidently,"harry" is ignorant of the law,too.

You are just spouting NRS drivel.

it's NRA,and not "drivel". even the FBI and police admit it.
(the non-political working cops,not the chiefs)

I'm a peaceful man- I'll never start a gunfight. But if someone else
does, and he dies instead of me because I had a gun available, well, I
fail to see a problem. I'm no cowboy- I go out of my way to avoid
hanging out with stupid people, drunks, druggies, and criminals, and
situations and areas where violence is a common way of settling
disputes. But if said stupid people, et al, come to my quiet little
corner of the world and start something, I will do my best to make
sure I'm not the one leaving on a gurney.

"To ban guns because criminals use them is to tell the innocent and
law-abiding that their rights and liberties depend not on their own
conduct, but on the conduct of the guilty and the lawless, and that the
law will permit them to have only such rights and liberties as the
lawless will allow... For society does not control crime, ever, by
forcing the law-abiding to accommodate themselves to the expected
behavior of criminals. Society controls crime by forcing the criminals
to accommodate themselves to the expected behavior of the law-abiding."
---------- Jeff Snyder

that anti's can't argue with this statement.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik