Posted to sci.electronics.repair
N_Cook N_Cook is offline

Default Horizontal Tearing on Sony Beta VCR

Chris F. wrote in message
This seems like a pretty straightforward problem, and maybe it is, but
it's one I haven't encountered before. Near the middle of the picture,
there's a narrow horizontal area that tears to one side. The rest of the
picture is rock solid. I've ruled out any issues with the tape transport,
and have subbed the head preamp and servo boards with no change. What else
could it be?
This is a Sony SL-20 BTW.

If you adjust the tracking control , what effect does it have?
And change, if any , playing tapes recorded on other machines ?

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England
http://diverse.4mg.com/index.htm