Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default Balancing a fan

Larry Jaques wrote:

On Sat, 15 May 2010 04:59:52 -0500, "Karl Townsend"
wrote the following:

The team used a technique using oversensing and SVD (singular value
decomposition) sometimes used in aerospace guidance & control systems.
It worked! At least a dozen patents were spawned.

Then politics and corporate infighting rendered the project
stillborne.

Reminds me of a company I used to work for. There's a reason I dropped the
huge salary job and now farm for a living.

An apple a day keeps the infighting politicians away? When the
corporation bought the company I was working for, I bailed and started
my own company rather than face, um, let's call them The Dilbertian
Uncertainties. Like you, I'm very glad I did. Low pay, hard work, and
total satisfaction. What's a guy not to like?

I'm working on early retirement to subsistence farming and ignoring the
imploding world myself...